I brought the Orawellness Brushing Blend in September 2018 because my bleeding gums were not getting any better. They were sore and the bottom area was red. I did a lot of research beforehand to make sure this was something worth my while even though I had never heard of oil toothpastes before.
One of the main reasons I decided to try Orawellness Healthy Mouth blend was because I trusted the manufacturers as I had already brought the Shine remineralizing tooth whitening powder from them before and had some good results. Another reason was the holistic natural aspect angle they were coming from.
There was a lot of information out there regarding the excellent benefits of essential oils for oral health and quite a few research papers stated the anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti septic properties of a wide range of oils. I knew there and then that this is something I need to try!
And in today's article I will share with you everything I know about the healthy mouth blend including my personal experience with it.
Orawellness Brushing Blend
Gum disease is not a nice thing to have but the healthy mouth blend could be just what the doctor ordered. It has powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties. What this means is the bacteria in your mouth will get eliminated leaving you with a healthy mouth and fresh breath.
Guarantee: 365 Days
Safety: Yes! All Natural Ingredients
Difficulty Level: Very Easy To Use
Gum Problem Cure: Yes
The Problem With Traditional Toothpaste
Ask your dentist or medical professional and they will say there is no problem with regular chemical filled toothpaste’s but research says otherwise.
The active ingredients in normal toothpaste are:
- Sodium Laurel Sulphate
The fluoride ion, when mixed with Hydroxyapatite calcium in toothpaste is proven to repair/remineralize teeth. That’s what fluoride does, it’s a binder. It helps this nano form of Calcium absorb into teeth. This is mimicking what saliva does. There are a couple of other studies that show fluoride has reduced dental decay by 20-40 percent since coming into use in some countries.
However, too much of anything and especially a poisonous chemical can be detrimental to your health. Fluoride can also do some serious damage to our health and teeth.
Here are some main concerns holistic dentists have:
- Accumulation of fluoride will lead to weaker bones making them prone to fracture. This has been backed by numerous animal studies showing that lifetime use of fluoride will lead to higher rates of hip fractures in the elderly.
- It damages the enamel through a disease called dental fluorosis. Between 40 – 50% of children have this disease on at least two of their teeth in areas where there is optimal fluoridated water. This was according to research carried out by Heller and Mcdonagh in 2000.
Sodium Laurel Sulphate
Sodium Laurel Sulphate (SLS) is utilised in normal toothpaste to make it foam. It’s a detergent and is routinely found in many shampoos. It is a skin irritant for most people and might cause canker sores to anyone already prone to them.
Saccharin is used to sweeten many toothpastes and mouthwashes. It has been shown to cause kidney cancer in lab rats and is rarely used as a sweetener in foods today because of this.
The Physical Act Of Brushing Provides Most Of The Cleaning
The mechanism of the toothbrush itself is what gets rid of the leftover food particles from your teeth. Even if you brushed with water it would do the same thing. The only reason we use toothpaste is to eliminate bacteria that can cause gingivitis and bad breath. A good antibacterial toothpaste is required to disrupt and destroy these bad bugs.
Why You Should Choose Natural Oil Based Toothpastes Instead
The main reason you should go for natural based toothpaste’s is they Do Not Contain any harmful synthesised chemicals that can harm your teeth. Instead, you will get naturally derived ingredients most often being essential oils. These are powerful and have been studied and shown to be just as effective at destroying bacteria.
An example of a natural powerful ingredient most commonly used is Myrrh which can be regarded as a better alternative to fluoride. It’s used to fight bad breath and destroy bacteria that are involved in periodontitis because of its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. This is the reason it’s contained within the Orawellness brushing blend.
I mean I used fluoride toothpaste all my life and had bleeding gums constantly on and off but as soon as I switched over to an essential oil based toothpaste my bleeding was under control. But that’s just my experience, we are all different so you might react differently to it.
Enter The Orawellness Brushing Blend
A great oil based solution specifically designed to treat a variety of oral health problems ranging from:
- Bad breath
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen gums
- Canker sores
- Helps to remineralize tooth decay by increasing saliva production.
- Keeping disease-causing bacteria from effectively attaching to your teeth
It does this through the active ingredients it utilities. 7 essential oils to be exact and all of them have a key part to play in helping to shift the mouth flora from negative to positive:
- Cinnamon leaf
- Almond/Jojoba oil
What intrigued me was the claim that it can stop and even reverse the effects of gum disease which I know many of you reading are interested in as well.
The Oil Based Formula Is Unique
The oil based approach makes this toothpaste more powerful and effective because it can travel under the gum lines where the majority of the bad bacteria reside and start destroying them. Normal toothpaste does not have the ability to do this meaning you are not really improving your oral health and that’s why you see so many people complaining that they are not seeing any improvements in their oral health even though they are brushing and flossing twice per day.
You must fight the problem at the roots if you want to see real changes!
Best Way To Use The Orawellness Brushing Blend
I have written quite a few related articles about how I improved the health of my gums. It was only in September (2018) I first heard about this brushing technique but boy oh boy, did it change my life or what!
This is the only way I brush my teeth now and my gums are much stronger and my breath smells fresher for most of the day.
The first time I heard about this, I thought it was to do with fishing or something but after some research, I found out that this is the most effective way of cleaning your gums. It has been scientifically proven to remove more bacteria than any other technique.
The bass toothbrush has much fewer bristles than your average brush which helps it reach those awkward crevices in and around the teeth including the gum line. The bristles themselves are spaced out evenly and the ends are rounded which makes sure you are not irritating the gums which is quite common with normal brushes.
It is important to get to the gum line because this is the location where the dirty bugs like to hide and build a long term home. Bulldozing this area with an antimicrobial solution and a bass toothbrush will give you the optimum chance of curing your gum disease and help you navigate to a greater oral health.
The brush was invented by Dr. Charles Cassedy Bass who is considered by some as “the father of preventative dentistry”. He did a lot of research about oral bacteria and how they attach to the cells in our mouth and figured out that “zdec” or “zone of disintegrating epithelial attachment cuticle,” was the spot to fight gum disease for maximum effectiveness.
An important thing to note is he himself suffered from periodontal disease and lost 2 teeth. His dentist told him he would lose all of them but that did not happen. He died at the age of 100 years and still had a full set of teeth (apart from the 2 which fell out).
This clearly shows that Dr Bass knew a lot about oral health and we should be following in his footsteps.
Here is a video showing you how to implement this brushing technique:
My Personal Routine That Stopped My Gums From Bleeding
Here is my full oral hygiene routine that I implemented when I purchased the Healthy Mouth blend and hopefully you can see that if you are fully focused and care about doing things properly, you too will see amazing results:
- Used a dental floss pick or rope depending on my laziness and removed the food particles stuck in between teeth (3-5 minutes)
- Used a metal tongue scraper to remove the white/yellowish gunk off my tongue. This instantly made my breath better (1-2 minutes)
- Added 3 drops of Orawellness brushing blend to the bass toothbrush and started brushing my gums using gentle vibrating motions. Brushed one area at a time for 5 seconds before moving on to the next (2 minutes)
- Used an electric toothbrush to clean the surfaces of my teeth using the left over oil residue in my mouth (2 minutes)
- Chewed a Xylitol based chewing gum straight after to enhance saliva flow and increase freshness
You can see that it took me close to 10 minutes to carry out all these tasks which can seem a long time but if you stick with it and plan it out, it becomes a habit.
My night time routine before I jumped into bed was much simpler, involving only 3 steps:
- Use a dental floss to remove any debris stuck in and around the teeth and gum line (3-5 minutes)
- Added 3 drops Orawellness brushing blend to the bass toothbrush and started brushing my gums using gentle vibrating motions. Brushed one area at a time for 5 seconds before moving on to the next (2 minutes)
- Used the bass toothbrush to then clean the surfaces of my teeth (2 minutes)
By doing this every day for 2 weeks my gums stopped bleeding and my breath was smelling fresh throughout the day.
Negatives About The Orawellness Brushing Blend
The first one is the little bottle the oil comes in is quite hard to extract the oil out of. The first time I tried to take it out nothing happened and then all of a sudden 6 drops just gushed out which was clearly too much. Other times the hole was blocked so I had to use a small sharp object to poke it for the oil to come out.
The other slight criticism is the mouth blend comes in a 15ml small bottle which seems small. If they increased the size slightly it would make it more appealing to people in relation to its price. In saying that, my bottle lasted me 2 months which is a reasonable amount plus I used 3-4 drops which is more than what the manufacturers state.
If I used 2 drops I would have got 3 months of use out of it which I will consider when my next bottle arrives 🙂
The Positives Outweigh The Negatives
- All natural ingredients – No additives, toxins or artificial business going on here.
- Tastes great – leaves your mouth smelling fresh for a longer period
- Can be used as toothpaste alternative – the oil can be used instead of toothpaste and can double up as a mouth wash. Everything you need in 1 bottle
- Gradually whitens teeth if used for a period – This is more of a side bonus of using the product for a prolonged period.
- Nut Free Version – If you are allergic to almonds then you can buy an alternative blend.
How Much Does The Healthy Mouth Blend Cost?
Currently the Healthy mouth blend is on sale for $22.97 but they have a Christmas offer which means you get a Free bass toothbrush with every bottle you buy. It won’t last long though, so be quick before stock runs out!
Another reason we like this product is the BIG 365-day Money Back Guarantees they offer with all of their products. You are in a position where you can’t lose anything.
To take advantage of this proven oil based toothpaste please head on over to Orawellness and place your order Now.
The Orawellness Brushing Blend is a powerful mixture containing several essential oils that help contribute to its potency. It has anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti septic properties that help eliminate bad bacteria from under the gum lines. Using it with a bass toothbrush amplifies the results and helps to give you faster results.
I have used it myself and within 2 weeks my gums stopped bleeding and they were not as sore. Unlike other oil based formulations, the healthy mouth blend has a nice minty taste to it making it pleasant to use and my breath stayed fresher for longer.
If you have any sort of gum problems and are not seeing any improvements in your oral health, you may want to switch over to an alternative toothpaste and see if that works better. It did for me so who knows?
It could do the same for you!
- Natural Remedy For Gum Disease – All Organic And No Side effects!
- Best Remineralizing Tooth Powder Money Can Buy – Natural And Safe!
- Dental PRO 7 Review | Scientifically Proven?
- Is fluoride bad for teeth?| Why 50% Think So…
- What can I do about gum disease? – Simple Steps To Success
- 11 Must Have Essential Oils for Gum Disease That Actually Work
- Orawellness Starter Kit Full Review – Not A SCAM!
- What Is The Bass Method Of Toothbrushing?
- Orawellness starter kit PICTURE Review: Will It Work?
- Use Dental Pro 7 With This Crazy Brushing Technique – It Works!