You are here looking for the no BS answer to the question: How Much Does Permanent Gold Teeth Cost?
How much does permanent gold teeth cost? This is the common question that comes to mind of most people after coming across the word gold. When we talk about gold, it is certain that it will be expensive, but how much? Find out your answer by reading the article.
How Much Does Permanent Gold Teeth Cost?
Nowadays, having permanent gold teeth has become popular. But how much does it cost to get permanent gold teeth?
The cost of the gold teeth depends on the quality of the gold, which is determined in terms of karats. They generally come in fourteen, eighteen, and twenty-two karats or as an alloy with silver or platinum to increase their durability.
Along with the cost of gold teeth, you would be required to pay a high amount for getting the transplantation done. The cost generally goes near $10.000 per tooth. Apart from the cost of operation and transplantation, the total cost varies depending upon the gold karat. It may cost you between $800 to $2000 to get a permanent gold tooth.
If you don’t want to have permanent gold teeth, you can opt for a gold cap or crown. This allows you to take out the gold whenever you want. It is a type of gold covering that you can put on your natural teeth.
Benefits of Gold Teeth
- Durable: The high quality of gold makes it durable. A gold tooth can withstand the stress like a natural tooth and also suffer from very little wear. You can easily chew or eat with gold teeth like natural teeth.
- Stable: Gold metal does not disrupt the natural working of gum and mouth. It neither degrades nor harms the adjacent teeth and hence can be used without worrying.
- Flexible: The flexibility of gold helps the teeth makers easily shape the teeth according to your wish.
- Safe: The non-toxic nature of gold makes it less vulnerable to allergic reactions and is safe for you.
- Versatile: Gold teeth allow you to have hot or cold beverages and food items without a complaint of sensitivity in the teeth or gums.
All these features make gold teeth comfortable for you.
If you have gold teeth or want to have gold teeth, you should say ‘no’ to smoking. Smoking will erode the gold and will also reduce its shining.
However, the smoking factor dramatically relies on the purity of gold. The purer the gold, the less will be the effect of smoking on it.
So, for the people who smoke, it is recommended that they should choose gold teeth of higher quality, i.e., between 18 to 24 carats. This will help you to get rid of the habit of getting your teeth polished to maintain the shine of the gold.
The cost of permanent gold teeth hugely depends on the quality of the gold. So how much does permanent gold teeth cost can be determined by the purity of gold? Higher the purity, the higher the price. It usually costs between $800 to $2000 to get a permanent gold tooth. The transplantation itself costs about $10.000 per tooth. Being too costly, it has become a matter of luxury nowadays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Gold Teeth Ruin Your Teeth?
‘Grills’ or ‘fronts’ are often used as a decorative covering made from gold for your teeth. Their acidic character may cause enamel erosion or problems like hypersensitivity. They can also lead to bacterial growth, which causes bad breath.
What Are the Side Effects of Gold Teeth?
Apart from its benefits, gold teeth also have several side effects. These are:
- Swelling of gums
- Pain in lips or mouth
- Allergic reactions (common in gold-nickel alloys)
Are Gold Teeth Attractive?
Apart from the health problems associated with gold teeth, gold teeth cannot hold the beauty of natural teeth. However, they do everything which natural teeth do. There is one more advantage to have gold teeth, and they are resistant to fractures.